Request for Rochester Civic Theatre funds

In the interest of full disclosure, here is what I am saying the to council tonight. I don’t want to be 2 faced. Improvement is needed and we have a tough budget ahead.

Gary, Steve,

Please feel free to share this with the council.

I will not support the emergency allocation for $80k for RCT. I will consider an advance of $80k from 2018 funds with a review to be had in early 2018 to see if they are making progress as predicted.

I will also call on the board of the RCT to address leadership issues that continue to foster hostility from many of their most dedicated volunteers and supporters. In early 2018, I will expect an update from RCT, Friends of RCT, and our professional staff on financial and organizational progress at RCT.

The arts are a key part of quality of life in Rochester and I will continue to support them, however I will not support them blindly.

One comment

  1. I think this is a good decision, fiscally. Thank you, Michael. As always your are candid and transparent, and you look ahead instead of just reacting. Accountability for our tax dollars is the least we can ask for.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.