Rochester Emergency Management 02-20-2014 winter storm update.
- Rochester Fire responded to 52 calls for service in the last 24 hours. The department staffed two additional engine companies in anticipation of the increased call volume associated with the winter storm. The additional engine companies were utilized from 4pm on 02/20/2014 until 7am on 02/21/2014.
- Rochester Public Utilities continues to work restoring power to customers who are without. RPU estimated that they have between 500 and 800 customers without power as of this morning.
- Rochester Public Works has been able to plow the majority of the City streets and continues to work on the remaining neighborhood streets.
- Rochester Police Department is addressing abandoned cars which have been left on roadways due to the difficult travel conditions overnight and this morning.
- Rochester Public Works has issued a notice of no parking in the downtown area effective at midnight 02/21/2014 until8:00am 02/22/2014 for snow removal. Please see the attached notice for more specific information.
- The NWS as provided a video weather briefing update located at the following web address: https://www.youtube.com/watch?
No further updates are anticipated from Rochester Emergency Management as weather condition continue to improve and any remaining storm related issues are being addressed by the responsible City Departments.