We are still waiting for a more detailed analysis of DMC, but here are some points to know.
- the City (and no one else) creates the DMCC nonprofit corporation. (The previous “Authority” no longer exists.
- the City must approve the DMCC’s Development Plan.
- any approved Development Plan (along with any project that implements the Plan) must comply with all of the City’s ordinances, comprehensive plans, and zoning ordinances. ( I envision the Development Plan will find its way into the City’s Comprehensive Plan.)
- the City issues the bonds.
- the City constructs any and all public infrastructure projects.