Many were surprised to learn that I supported adding a billboard along West Circle Drive. I think that is in part because media coverage has focused on adding a sign along West Circle Drive and not what we are getting in return.
I didn’t support the intitial language, but offered an amendment which passed 6-0, the final vote was then 5-1 approving the sign.
As always let me know if I am crazy…
In my amendment:
- We permanently remove a large number of signs in more urban, pedestrian areas.
- We use best practices for dark sky lighting or similar, taken from other communities.
- Signs can only be put in if 250% of the sign size is removed elsewhere.
- We only allow signs on West Circle Drive between 19th and Highway 14.
- Sign spacing is such that this only allows for 1 sign.