A much shorter city council meeting which unfortunately mostly involved me speaking. What fun would a city council meeting be without a little controversy?
Here is what we / I did:
- Approved a 5.4% increase in compensation for the IUOE Local 49 (1% pay increase).
- Took a little parking off of Ruby Ln.
- Made a tiny change to the street tree ordinance.
- I responded to a letter that Jay Burke wrote accusing me of being mean to their paid lobbyist.
- I brought up a concern about special interests buying city council seats with hidden money (based on a conversation overheard by credible sources where Tony Lehrman and Jay Burke where discussing how a local developer was willing to buy an election).
- Knock on wood, I think I learned how to embed a video on this site.