We began with dinner at 5 PM and then the City Council Meeting at 7 PM. I got home at about 1 AM. There were many issues to discuss. More on these 4 items to come after election day.
- We approved the first 2 labor contracts for 2011. They give compensation increases of 6.5 and 4.5%.
- Finally after 6+ years of stall tactics we approved a street tree ordinance and removed some language that made it weaker.
- We initiated a special district for the Orchard Hills Villas.
- We made the landlord code of conduct official but only after significantly weakening it.
- A citizen suggested that there were ethical lapses by the P&Z chair we encouraged her to files a question for the ethics board.